Join Mark and the Jons as they traverse the [letter] section of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
Hotblack Deseato’s band has a completely black stunt ship that dives into the sun on Kakrafoon, as part of the climax of a gig.
Susan Sheridan played Trillian in the radio series. She died in 2015, but had a good career as a voice actor with credits including Budgie the Little Helecopter and Jimbo (a personal favourite). We’re going to talk about Trillian in a few weeks, but for now, consider our caps doffed.
Swut is a swear word.
Tea is a substance that can be used to power a Finite Imrobability Generator, or for confusing a machine into giving you a substance that’s almost – but not quite – indistinguishable from it. It is now available in most megamarkets, in easy-to-swallow capsules.
A teaser is usually a rich kid with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven’t made interstellar contact yet and “buzz” them, which involves strutting back and forth with silly antenni on their heads and making “beep beep” noises.
The Tempophone is – presumably – a telephone that can make calls across various times.
Ford advises Arthur never to call himself up from the future.
Terry Jones played a parrot in the Starship Titanic video game, and wrote a book called Starship Titanic , based on a video game, but apparently in a different universe from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Seems like something we should address, really.
Anyhow, he plays a parrot because Adams had discussed with Jones that most of the characters he played in Monty Python sketches and films sounded like parrots.
- Follow Jon Bounds on Twitter
- Follow Jon Hickman on Twitter
- Follow Mark on Instagram
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Find more shows from the Outpost
- An essay about a liquid almost, but not quite, entirely like the best cup of tea ever, by Jon Bounds
- Tea on h2g2.com
- Journalists must fight for facts – and ignore Boris Johnson’s tea party
- A Really Hot Cup of Tea. by Douglas Adams
- A Nice Cup of Tea, by George Orwell
- Americans don’t have kettles and people are losing it
- Clipper Tea
- Grant Shapps’ Brexit mug tweet
- ISO 3103: the tea standard
- Sir Bedevere 12’’ action figure
The UK’s Disaster Emergency Committee is appealing for donations to provide aid to those affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, with donations of £30, £50 or £100 providing essential items like blankets, food and shelter.
To donate, visit dec.org.uk and tick the Gift Aid option to increase the donation.